So many ideas have bounced in and out of my head recently … including an idea I heard from Jeff Jarvis today at the gov’t web managers conference: life is beta.
Basically, it means don’t wait for perfection – just get something out there.
So here’s my running list of stuff I’d like to expand on at some point:
- Why social media and gov’t is exploding at this particular moment in history (confluence of politics (politicians plus transparency groups), technology, and society)
- How to talk to bosses about social media
- How to talk to attorneys about social media
- Where I hope we’re going with social media in gov’t
- Sharing stories that amaze me about online communities I’ve been part of, particularly on my photography site, where we’ve bought cameras for people, sent flowers to people in the hospital, and donated thousands of dollars to charities
- How my varied interests in rockclimbing, SCUBA diving, camping/hiking, and photography led me to social media
- The incredible changes that have happened even in the last 6 months in gov’t attitudes and use of social media (and in non-gov’t people’s attitudes towards those of us in gov’t)
- An expert is …
I’ll keep adding to this list and, with luck, find time to remove things and actually write about them!
Got any suggestions?